Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sleek True Colour Lipsticks



Sleek are a fairly new but already well-loved high street cosmetics brand. They sell some fantastic quality products (I've heard people compare their products to MAC quality) at prices that don't break the bank; I particularly like their blush trios and the true colour lipsticks, which I'm going to review for you today.
Sleek lipsticks come in two different formulas - Sheen and Matte. I own two of their Sheen lipsticks in the shades 'Barely There' and 'Liqueur'. I'm sure you can guess from the names of the formulas but the Sheen finish lipsticks are really creamy and moisturising with a noticeable shine. In the bullet they look like they would have a fairly frosty finish (ooh alliteration), but that doesn't translate on the lips at all. Instead, they just provide great colour pay-off and the soft creamy formula makes them a dream to apply.
 
Top: Barely There | Bottom: Liqueur

Barely There is a gorgeous peach shade. This looks so lovely paired with a fresh, glowing base and a slick of mascara. It's a very pigmented lip colour and is actually one of my favourites in my collection at the minute. I'll definitely be trying more peach lipsticks this season. I also own one of Sleek's matte lipsticks in the shade 'Bare All' which is exactly the same shade as 'Barely There' but with a completely matte finish. I tend to avoid matte lipsticks, as my lips can get quite dry, so that shade isn't as loved as it's Sheen formula counterpart. However, if you like the shade but prefer a matte finish, 'Bare All' might be right up your street.

 
 When swatched, Liqueur looks like a sort of plum pink/mauve, but on my lips, it shows up as more of a nude/pale pink. I really do like the shade, but part of me wishes that the plum tones showed up more as the swatch looks gorgeous. Maybe that's just due to the pigmentation of my lips though?


You can buy Sleek True Colour Lipsticks in an extensive range of shades from Superdrug or online here. I really love the Sleek website, they make a lot of effort to provide swatches of their products (on fair, medium and dark skin) so that you have a much better idea of the colour/texture of the product and how it is likely to look against your skintone before you purchase. I wish all cosmetics websites took Sleek's initiative as this really helps to make the experience of online makeup shopping less daunting.
For £4.99, I can't fault the quality, texture and shades of the True Colour Lipsticks and I wouldn't hesitate to pick up more from the range (I really want to try Coral Reef and Heartbreaker, which are gorgeous brighter shades for Summer).

Have you tried the True Colour Lipsticks? Which shades would you recommend?

Holly xo
 
Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments :

  1. both colors look pretty!
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.blogspot.com(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sleek lipsticks, there so good. Pretty colours too x

    www.erraticglamour.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the contour kit from Sleek and absolutely love it! I really want to try their lipsticks and blushes too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hellooo name twin! I've featured you in my latest blog post! Have a peek. Its one of the question things...hope you haven't done it before/don't mind!

    Holly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These lipsticks are so pretty! I've also featured you in my latest blog post like Holly. Have a look :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both these shades are so gorgeous! I have never tried this brand of lipstick but it looks amazing. I absolutely love the 'Barely There' shade.

    xo, Meera | www.momentswithmeera.com
    twitter + instagram: @meeranavlakha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love Barely There, gorgeous! Been looking for a shade like that for a while and it looks lovely and smooth. x

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have barely there & I love it! Great blog, following xx

    daisie-petals.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post, i have been debating getting some of these i am deffo going to invest now!! x

    www.indigogirl1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't think to try Sleeks lipsticks but they look so nice. Love your blog by the way, following x

    petitpromise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read and appreciate every single one of them xo