Monday, April 22, 2013

Review || Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush


Hiya girls. It's April, so even if the weather doesn't want to play along, we are officially into Spring now. So recently I've been looking for new additions to my makeup collection that will revamp my look for the new season. One of the key looks that I associate with Spring is definitely dewy rosy cheeks, and I thought the best way to achieve this natural-looking glow would be to invest in a new cream blush.
I'm really excited for the launch of the new Bourjois cream blushes but since they aren't going to be in stores until mid-May (the 15th according to the Sunday Girl), I thought I would try the Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush as my first venture into the world of cream blush.




I chose the shade 'soft pink', which I was told was the bestselling shade in the range and I would describe it as a lovely coral pink. Max Factor claim that these blushes 'add a radiant dewy flush to all skin-types' and I do think they deliver on this promise. The creamy texture of these blushes gives a really natural and glowy look to the cheeks, and is perfect paired with a slightly dewy foundation (such as the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation).
Now, the only issue I have with this blush is with its application. This may be due to my lack of experience with applying cream blush but I find this can be quite difficult to blend nicely. The lady at the Max Factor counter advised me to apply the blush to the apples of my cheeks, with my fingers using circular motions. I tried this, but I found that it looked slightly blotchy. I then tried first applying it first with my fingers and then blending out with my Real Techniques buffing brush, and this gave a much more natural finish. I've since ordered the Real Techniques stippling brush as I've heard this is perfect for applying cream blushes, so hopefully that will enhance the look of this blush even more.

Left: Swatched        |        Right: Blended

 (Sorry for the less-than-flattering photo ha!)

So overall, I am enjoying this blush and I do think it is the perfect addition to my makeup collection for Spring. I don't think I will be re-purchasing this though as I'd like to try some cream blushes from other ranges to see how they compare in terms of colour and application.
You can buy the Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush here for £6.99.

What is your must-have Spring makeup item?

Holly xo

11 comments :

  1. I think a BB Cream or a Tinted moisturizer is a must have for spring. I hate wearing foundation in Spring.

    PS: Try Macs cremeblend blushes. You will never look back :)

    http://ohjustonemore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blush! Love it on you
    Please check my blog
    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I only have one cream blush as I find them slightly tricky to apply too, however I have the Real Techniques Stippling Brush and it's definitely made the job a lot easier. It goes on much smoother and flawless. P.S Your eyelashes are gorgeous! xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw good! Glad I haven't wasted my money getting the stippling brush then. Hopefully it'll just take practice :) and thank you! xo

      Delete
  4. I always have trouble with applying cream blushers too but this looks like a lovely colour. I have some Real Techniques brushes but not the Stippling brush so maybe I'll have to give that one a try too :) x

    http://www.beautyboxuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fan of cream blushers xo
    http://jadegillett.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so great on you! I havent tried cream blush before and this is a total bargain so I might have to give it a go :)

    I'd love it if you took a look at my blog here!: RebeccaRuby - A lifestyle blog

    Becca x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review!

    Would u like to follow each other on gfc?

    http://lowbudget-lowcost.blogspot.it/2013/04/latest-crushes.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read and appreciate every single one of them xo