Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review || Revlon Lip Butter in 'Strawberry Shortcake'



I've been wanting to try the Revlon lip butters for so long now but two things were putting me off: 1) I was worried that the formula would be a bit sheer for my liking as I like a lot of colour pay-off from my lip products and 2) every time I went to swatch them in stores, the testers were disgusting, they were always really melted and mangled and that really put me off purchasing one - no one wants a melty mangled lipstick do they?

However, I called into Boots this week and saw they had a 3 for 2 offer on, so I thought that would be the perfect time to try out some products that I've been meaning to purchase for a while. So I picked up the lip butter in 'Strawberry Shortcake' which is a pale pink shade.
I have to say, the Revlon lip butters are so different to any other lip product I've tried. They are essentially a lip balm but the colour pay-off is actually really good (in this shade anyway). They are really hydrating and moisturising on the lips whilst also adding a fairly subtle but noticeable wash of colour to the lips. I hope it won't end up in the same state as the testers as the bullet is pretty firm, though a little bit did chip off the top when I was applying it to take the pictures below (bad sign!).




The colour is buildable so you can apply more product if you want the colour to stand out more. I wouldn't say these are my favourite lip products I've ever tried but I do really like them, and I probably will buy another shade from the range, though I'm not in a massive rush to do so as at £7.99 they're not the cheapest lip products around. I think this shade will be really nice for Spring and for days when I'm looking for a bit of colour on my lips but don't feel like applying a heavy lipstick.
 
Have you tried the Revlon lip butters? Which other shades would you recommend?
 
Holly xo

10 comments :

  1. such a cute colour!x

    makeupmusicfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color looks good on you :) Good choice!

    http://ohjustonemore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this shade is so nice, am going through a pink phase at the mo so have to keep an eye for this one!! I also love Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

    as usual good post
    xoxo
    judith

    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow I love this!!!
    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely color <3
    and Strawberry Shortcake what a yummy name :3

    aboutbeautyandcosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the Revlon lipbutters, but i can not work with this color. It is to opaque...looks weird on me. My favorite is Berry Smoothie.
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing color,love it.*__*
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that colour is lovely! i always look weird in pink, but really suits you! great blog :-) xxx
    www.lauralovesthat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, i have been really curious about these but have yet to pick one up for myself. The colour of this one is super super pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love Lip Butters but have never seen this shade. Looks so pretty for Spring! Thanks for the review :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read and appreciate every single one of them xo