Saturday, April 6, 2013

Face of the Day

I really enjoy reading posts where people show all the products that they used to do their makeup that day, and show the finished look, so I thought today I would give it a go. I have to say, after seeing all the products laid out in front of me ready to photograph, I felt a little bit shocked at the amount of stuff I actually put on my face haha. This is pretty much my everyday makeup but with a couple of extra products thrown in to make it more interesting:

Base
 

I do love a high-end foundation, I've tried Chanel, YSL, MAC (does that count as high-end? somewhere in the middle maybe), but at the minute, nothing beats the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation for me. I'd say it gives medium coverage and a slightly dewy, illuminated finish. I apply it with my Real Techniques buffing brush, blending it into my face and neck in circular motions. I don't have particularly oily skin, it's more on the dry side if anything, so a small amount of Rimmel Stay Matte powder (in Transparent), applied with my Real Techniques powder brush is perfect to set my foundation and get rid of any shine on my T-zone.

Contouring



For this look, I applied NARS Laguna bronzer to contour my cheekbones. I blend this in quite a lot using a fairly cheap but decent quality brush that I got from a stall in my local shopping centre. I find this brush is just the right size for applying bronzer, and any excess that is on the brush I apply to my temples and down the centre of my face. I used my YSL blush (this doesn't seem to have a colour code/name on it, but it contains two gorgeous coral colours). I like to mix the colours together and apply it to the apples of my cheeks with my MAC blush brush (which I got in the brush giftset at Christmas).

Eyes



 
I used two of my favourite colours from the Urban Decay Naked palette, 'half baked' and 'smog' to create a gold/brown eyeshadow base. I applied half baked all over my eyelid using the shadow brush end of my Urban Decay Naked 2 brush, then applied smog through the crease and on the outer third of my lid using the crease brush end of the same brush. Bronzey tones are recommended for people with blue eyes like me as it is supposedly the most flattering shade for blue eyes. Next I used my black Rimmel Soft Kohl eye pencil to line my upper lash line, and applied it in the outer third of my water line (I don't like to bring it in too close to the inner corner of my eye as it tends to wander out of my water line onto my inner eye). Next I applied my Barry M shimmering eye and lip crayon under my lower lashline as it's a gorgeous baby blue colour and I think it adds a subtle pop of colour to my otherwise neutral eye makeup and again brings out the blue of my eyes. I applied a layer of Max Factor Masterpiece Max mascara with some of my L'Oreal Telescopic mascara on top for extra length and separation. I haven't been filling in my eyebrows recently as I think they're already quite full and can look overdone when I fill them in so I just brushed them into my preferred shape using the brush that came with my Rimmel eyebrow pencil.
 
Finishing Touches
 
 
I swear by the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer (shade: Light). I've never known a concealer to cover a spot/blemish so well, and it is such a bargain! (around £4.99 I think). So I always apply this on any spots I have and also under my eyes as I have pretty nasty bags. Finally I used MAC Creme Cup lipstick to finish off the look. This is probably my favourite lipstick, it's such a gorgeous baby pink shade and the Cremesheen finish is my favourite from MAC's range.
 
It's so difficult to get a decent picture to show your makeup, I think you can only truly see the quality of makeup in real life but I tried my best to get an OK photo for you all.
 
   


I really hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you'd like to see more like this!
Do you use any of these products? Which products do you use for your everyday makeup?
Holly xo

11 comments :

  1. such a pretty make-up look.
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty look. I just bought the collection under eye concealer and it's so good. Considering how cheap they are it's such good quality.

    Lovely makeup

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are stunning!

    I love naked palettes, I use my naked 2 one every day!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so gorgeous hun.. your lashes are soooo long! :D xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look gorgeous. i love your natural make up :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous make-up. I'm wearing something simular :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's gorge! your blog is amazing
    xoxo,
    your new follower!

    prettythings56.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing look!
    The lipstick and bronzer are incredible!

    xx

    janiedane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think this is a pretty and natural looking makeup look for every day. i like the lip color and your lashes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read and appreciate every single one of them xo