Monday, April 8, 2013

Lipstick Collection: Kate Moss for Rimmel


After including it in my March Favourites post (here), I was asked to do a review of my Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in shade 101. I love to hear what my followers would like to see next so I wanted to do that post, but I thought I could review all 5 of the shades that I have from this collection rather than just one.
The Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks are some of the best 'drugstore' lipsticks that I've tried. I have four shades from the original Kate Moss Lasting Finish collection (03, 16, 22 and 26) and one shade from her Lasting Finish Matte collection (101).




The original Lasting Finish collection from Kate contains 11 colours ranging from subtle nude tones to bright pinks to deep purples and reds. There is definitely something for everyone in this collection. I'd describe the finish as fairly creamy and moisturising with a subtle shine (the formula is infused with black diamond to reflect light) and the colour pay-off is brilliant, all of the lipsticks I have by Kate Moss are incredibly pigmented, which is one of the main things I look for in a lipstick. I love the sleek black packaging of these lipsticks, with Kate's signature as the only extra detail.

I've only tried one shade from the Matte collection as in the past I have avoided matte lipsticks because my lips can be quite dry and I don't like lipsticks that cling to the imperfections. But, I have to say I don't find my Kate matte lipstick to be drying at all. It's actually fairly moisturising, whilst still having an obviously matte finish. I definitely want to add more shades from the matte collection to my makeup bag after trying this one. Maybe the much raved-about number 107.

Top-Bottom: 03, 16, 22, 26, 101

Here are some swatches of each of these colours on my lips:


^ 03 is very much a 'my lips but better' colour.  It is a nude shade but is more on the pink/brown side of nude than the more peachy toned no. 26 (see third swatch).


^ 16 is a gorgeous bright pink shade which is perfect for spring/summer. It adds a pop of colour to more subtle or neutral makeup looks.

^ 22 is a bright red shade. It's definitely more of a pink-red than a brown or orange-toned red, which I really like. It's a really bold lip colour and looks really pretty on pale skin, although I think it would suit more tanned skintones too.


^ 26 is a very peachy nude. This is probably one of the harder-to-wear colours that I own as I think it could make you look a bit washed out, and if you're not a fan of nude lips, this colour isn't for you. I really like it though and it looks gorgeous with darker eye makeup for a night out.


^ 101 is the reason I wrote this post. It featured in my March Favourites this month and is the only matte lipstick that I own by Kate Moss. It's a stunning blue-toned bubblegum pink. This may not be an easy colour for everyone to wear as it's very girly and 'out-there' but if you're brave enough I definitely recommend it. It's so beautiful on and can be paired with lots of different makeup looks, day or night.

So that's it for this review, I hope you enjoyed it.

Do you own any Kate Moss lipsticks? What is your favourite shade?
Holly xo
 

10 comments :

  1. Thanks for the review, dear! xx :)

    prettythings56.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow they look very opaque!
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the red shade !,great post

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love everything about these lipsticks! I only have one, which is the shade 06 but I have been swatching more colours every time I go drugstore shopping. You should definitely check out 06 if you like bright watermelon pink lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these lipsticks for their price, especially 16 and 22. Great review!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may be weird to say, but I loveee the shape of your lips! The first color was my fave, but they all look great on you!

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg! I just love your lipstick collection!
    Can you follow back my blog?
    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two lipsticks from Kate moss' range and the are lovely! Great post
    www.justteeeandtee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a few of them, but I have yet to 16 or 22. If it wasn't one in the morning, I would leave to get them this second haha thanks for posting them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read and appreciate every single one of them xo