Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Crazy About Coral


I'm having a love affair with coral. That not-quite-pink, almost-orange, kind-of-red colour that just looks amazing on lips or cheeks. It's such a stunning shade that suits most, if not all, skintones and hair colours and these are the coral toned beauty products I've been reaching for over and over again:
 
For lips, my top pick has to be Mac Vegas Volt. This lipstick is described as a 'full power coral', and that description is spot on in my opinion. It's a stunning bright orange/pink/red hue that really brightens the complexion and perks up a low-key makeup look. The amplified crème formula is one of my absolute favourites from Mac as they are so creamy and smooth to apply, yet seriously pigmented and opaque which is exactly what I want from a lipstick.
I'm also a massive fan of Mac Ravishing, which is a 'clean light peachy coral' (as described by Mac) so it is essentially a lighter, peach-toned coral and it's cremesheen finish means it is slightly less opaque but equally soft and creamy, and it's certainly still pigmented. This was my latest lipstick purchase from Mac, and certainly won't be my last.
At the cheaper end of the scale, the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 110 Vibrant Coral is less than half the price of the Mac offerings and is a fairly good dupe for Vegas Volt, though it is slightly redder. For a matte finish lipstick, it's not at all drying and actually applies really nicely. I'll be taking this on holiday next week to satisfy my coral cravings!
For cheeks, I have two products that I think fall into the coral category and they are YSL Blush Radiance 02 - a seriously cute, but pricey (£31.00) blush quad containing light and mid-toned coral shades, which mixed together give the perfect peachy glow to the cheeks, and Bourjois Cream Blush in 01 Nude Velvet - my new favourite cream blush which I've raved about countless times in my last few posts, a stunning peachy pink blush and a total bargain for £7.99.
Finally, I had to include a seriously bargainous nail offering. The new Collection Hot Looks nail polishes are only £1.99 each and come in cute little 8ml pots, which are the perfect size if you ask me as who ever uses a full bottle of nail polish? I picked the shade Fruit Salad which is just the perfect coral nail shade and has a lovely shine to it. These nail paints are supposed to dry in only 60 seconds, now I can't vouch for that yet as I've only applied it on my nail wheel and not on my own nails but let's be honest, for £1.99, who really cares?
 
 
Can you recommend any other coral beauty products?

Holly xo
 
Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments :

  1. I am starting to like coral too!
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm also in love with coral <3
    there are so pretty and fresh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a coral blush from Stila that I love :)
    Vegas Volt is one of my favorites :)

    Amina ∞ Oh Just One More

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving all these colors! My current favorite is Tipsy from Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blushes! xx


    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the swatches, that tarte blush looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coral shades are so pretty. I really want that Collection polish in Fruit Salad, it's gorgeous!

    Amy Georgette

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm obsessed with Coral! One of my favorite colors for summer.
    Loving your blog! Following :)
    I've nominated you for the liebster award, if you're interested in participating just check out my blog!

    becdoesbeauty.blogspot.com
    xx Becca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love coral too! So pretty! xx

    http://beauteacoffeechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about coral i seem to be starting a bit of a collection myself. Great post!

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That YSL blusher is to die for. What gorgeous colors!

    xx http://enzaessentials.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh Rimmel 110 sounds really good. I’m in need of a new beauty spree, might have to go to boots and look out for it! Xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coral is my absolute fave colour this summer. Looks amazing with a tan too :)

    Now following you :)

    Lindsey
    www.ropesofholland.com
    UK Fashion Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read and appreciate every single one of them xo