Thursday, June 27, 2013

Holiday Scrapbook

Hi everyone, I'm back from Gran Canaria and suffering from a serious case of the post-holiday blues, so I thought I would share some of my favourite photos that I took on the trip with you. I know this isn't a typical beauty/fashion post from me but hopefully some of you might like a little lifestyle post for a change :)
My boyfriend Sean and I stayed at the Lopesan Baobab Hotel in Meloneras in Gran Canaria. It was literally the most beautiful hotel I have ever seen - every inch of the design was African-themed, from the river full of fish and turtles that ran on the floor beneath our room to the intricate bedroom furniture and balcony railings. I was so impressed and would definitely recommend this hotel whole-heartedly to couples looking for a romantic break in a seriously idyllic setting. The food was also fantastic - we've never been so well-fed in our lives, all-you-can-eat buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner are not the ideal way to keep your bikini body trim, let me tell you.
We had such a great week tanning by the beautiful pools, visiting a wildlife park, watching a film at the moonlight cinema, watching the turtles in the hotel and getting rather drunk!
 
*VERY PHOTO HEAVY POST AHEAD!*
 

 


 
my gorgeous fella
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

so much amazing food!
 
 
and amazing cocktails...

 
...which led to this drunken mess
 

Palmitos Park
 
 
I really love tortoises!
 

Amazing dolphin show, that would be my dream job
 



Nemo
 

 
 
Crazy afro bird
 

 
 
Grand Italia, the restaurant on the seafront which we visited two nights in a row
 

The Moonlight Cinema where we watched Django Unchained until 3am with blankets
 
 

 
Sean making fun of my photo pose -_-
 

 
 And my favourite photo of us on our last night
 
Hope this wasn't too boring and I hope you're all having a lovely Summer so far!
 
Holly xo


17 comments :

  1. What a wonderful post holly! :) That place looks so beautiful and the turtles are so so cute!!! I'm jealous! I hope you were having a wonderful time!

    Andrea xx
    savingsimplicity13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks a lot Andrea, it was a fantastic week and I really wanted to kidnap the turtles they were adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks like you had such a great time! I love your holiday outfits.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I love the picture of your boyfriend taking the mick out of your pose, made me giggle!
    such a lovely holiday, these pictures make me very jealous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha he's a pain in the bum Laura! and thanks Hannah :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely photos! That photo of your boyfriend posing is hilarious haha. The hotel looks amazing :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty pictures, you look gorgeous :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous and you and Sean are such a cute couple! Watching django till 3 am sounds so good, I've only been somewhere in America that does the whole midnight cinema thing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Faith :) yeah it was really fun, we were knackered by the end of it though! Haha xxx

      Delete
  9. great photos!
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. heyy, I love your blog, and this post is brilliant, cant say im not jealous of your holiday pics though! hehe following you :) xx


    www.dreamlovelivefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog and photos new follower here :) such beautiful pictures especially of the animals and loved your heels in your last post very jealous ;-) xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like you had such a lovely holiday!

    aredlipneverdates.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are very cute love your blog and this lovely dress you're wearing loved

    mafiadasempolgadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahh i stayed there a couple of years ago, its so nice! :-) hope you had a great time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, great holiday pics sooooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read and appreciate every single one of them xo